FTC Solar is seeking Field Applications Engineers to join their team for Utility Scale Solar Energy Projects they are supporting nationwide.
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
Works closely with: Product Engineering Team, QA/QC Team, Clients, Estimators, Subcontractors
- Direct and lead solar energy project construction from initial notice to proceed through final acceptance by client.
- Involved in all aspects of field implementation and construction of the FTC Solar Trackers for the solar arrays on the job site.
- Help plan, lead, and coordinate all activities associated with the overall execution of a project.
- Participate in the organization, scheduling, and implementation/coordination of work at the project site.
- Constantly solves problems and resolves issues through face to face and personal communication.
- Support project management team to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule.
- Advocate for site safety programs, and quality control.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
- Ability to coordinate activities, manage project timelines and manage resources.
- Sensitivity to problems; ability to tell or predict when something is wrong; able to revise and adapt as necessary.
- Strong coordination, time management, active listening, oral and written communication skills, critical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Self-motivated, able to learn quickly and independently.
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant demonstrated leadership experience. Minimum 5-10 years of experience managing teams and projects.
Location: Austin, TX preferred – The preference is for candidates to live in Austin to be near the headquarters; however, because this is a high travel role, candidates do have the opportunity to live anywhere near a major U.S. metro and an airport to facilitate travel.
Travel: 75% travel. Typical travel in this role is MON-THURS or MON-FRI. An exciting aspect to the travel is that FTC Solar will continue to develop more and more international projects and there will be the potential of international travel. This is a high travel role so you will have to be open to that level of travel to be considered for the Field Construction Manager role.