Location: Chennai, India
Reports to: Director, Projects
About FTC Solar Inc
FTC Solar is a fast-growing, global provider of solar tracker systems, technology, software, and engineering services. We are as passionate about renewable energy as we are about our culture and values. We want to attract like-minded individuals who live and breathe Integrity, Accountability, Innovation, and Excellence. We’re humble enough to know that we don’t know everything, so we love bold ideas that disrupt the status quo. Basically, we don’t want you to just fall in line!
FTC Solar is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and diversity. For us, this is not just a set of words or metrics. It drives our culture, creativity, and future success. We support our employees and foster an environment where new ideas and perspectives are celebrated and encouraged. When our employees thrive, FTC Solar thrives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Industry-leading innovation and continuous learning allow FTC Solar to always remain one step ahead of our installer partners and be well-equipped to provide professional support during the commissioning and maintenance of sites.
If you are an experienced customer support professional and get a charge out of the idea of working with renewable energy, FTC may be the place for you. We are looking for a Customer Service Associate to join our team in Chennai, India. This is a first-level customer support position in which the candidate is responsible for supporting customers for professional and timely resolution or referral of technical issues that may involve hardware, software, communications, installations, or a blend of variables.
- Answering inbound Emails / Chats / Phone calls to the Customer Support queue during assigned hours
- Track and verify O&M (Operations and Maintenance) response to equipment outages and performance deficiencies in the client site
- Data analysis to understand performance utilization (Identification of equipment issues & underutilization)
- Maintaining a lens for tracking the physical characteristics of the asset, communications, and data integrity. Document operational processes, best practices, received cases, and follow-up in a timely manner
- Manage and maintain tickets reflecting O&M issues. Optimization and recommendation for improving client site’s performance
- Identification of equipment issues & projects which underperform
- Optimization & recommendation for improving the performance of client sites
- Cooperating with FTC Solar’s Field technicians and Application Engineers and assisting whenever required during the onboarding/commissioning of new projects
- Professionally represent “FTC Solar” via all communication mediums. Continuously learn and improve knowledge
- Performing other duties as assigned in respective with customer support
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical or EEE) preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of customer service domain experience in influencing and improving customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and proven ability to build rapport and establish/keep working relationships with customers, peers, and managers
- Experience working in a fast-paced technical support or customer service position
- Familiarity with all the MS Office applications and interest in solar energy
- Experience with solar electric products, residential electrical applications, and Nation Electric Code (NEC for the US) is helpful
FTC Solar offers competitive wages, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Private medical insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
*Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet 100% of the listed requirements. At FTC Solar, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.