Location: Austin, TX
Reports to: Quality Director
About FTC Solar Inc
FTC Solar is a fast growing, global provider of solar tracker systems, technology, software, and engineering services. We are as passionate about renewable energy as we are about our culture and values. We want to attract likeminded individuals who live and breathe Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Excellence. We’re humble enough to know that we don’t know everything, so we love bold ideas that disrupt the status quo. Basically, we don’t want you to just fall in line!
FTC Solar is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and diversity. For us, this is not just a set of words or metrics. It drives our culture, creativity, and future success. We support our employees and foster an environment where new ideas and perspectives are celebrated and encouraged. When our employees thrive, FTC Solar thrives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
As a Customer Quality Engineer, you will support the Quality Assurance team in ensuring Customer Satisfaction and enhancing the Customer Experience. In this position, you will experience working with utility-scale solar trackers and Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) contractors of power plants. You will have the opportunity to train Customers on FTCI products and work with them to implement their requirements and resolve issues within the FTCI Integrated Management System.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate quality assurance functions in accordance with Customer contract requirements and best practices
- Advocate for the Customer to other FTCI team members by ensuring requirements are being met through organized tracking of open action items, due dates, follow-up, etc.
- Travel to Customer sites as needed to conduct training, audits, and respond to requests
- Lead cross-functional problem-solving efforts and implement corrective actions in support of Customer needs
- Contribute to overall FTCI Quality and Integrated Management Systems
- Technical / Engineering degree – civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, or environmental engineering or similar
- Minimum 5 years in QA/QC or related fields
- Expert knowledge of 8D Problem Solving and other Quality Problem-Solving tools
- Experienced with in-person, verbal, and written engagements directly with Customers
- Self-motivated, organized, and always thinking of Continual Improvement opportunities
- Utility Scale Solar Industry experience is strongly desired
Preferred to locate in Austin, TX but will consider remote in Central to Eastern U.S.
25% – 50% travel within the US and potentially some internationally.
FTC Solar offers competitive wages, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- 401(k) with a company match and much more
*Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet 100% of the listed requirements. At FTC Solar, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.