Location: Austin, TX or Remote
Reports to: VP, Strategic Accounts
About FTC Solar Inc
FTC Solar is a fast growing, global provider of solar tracker systems, technology, software, and engineering services. We are as passionate about renewable energy as we are about our culture and values. We want to attract likeminded individuals who live and breathe Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Excellence. We’re humble enough to know that we don’t know everything, so we love bold ideas that disrupt the status quo. Basically, we don’t want you to just fall in line!
FTC Solar is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and diversity. For us, this is not just a set of words or metrics. It drives our culture, creativity, and future success. We support our employees and foster an environment where new ideas and perspectives are celebrated and encouraged. When our employees thrive, FTC Solar thrives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
FTC Solar is seeking a dedicated Strategic Accounts professional to join our growing commercial team in either our Austin, TX headquarters or remotely. This position will be responsible for cultivating relationships and progressing partnerships with the North American solar industry’s largest and fastest-growing accounts – including developers, asset owners, and utilities – resulting in long-term structured supply deals in line with FTC’s strategic goals.
This individual will develop a deep understanding of the solar industry and associated supply chain, what drives technology decision-making, and the value proposition of single-axis trackers. They will work with the internal Sales and Strategic Accounts leads to craft a marketing and sales strategy in approaching new target customers and growing business with existing customers. This individual should bring experience in working with, or inside of, large project developers, asset owners, and utilities demonstrating advanced knowledge of their business models and influencing factors.
- Build and develop key strategic relationships with influencers and decision-makers at multiple levels within partner organizations, becoming a trusted strategic advisor and leveraging this network to understand the partners’ key business initiatives and critical success factors
- Establish a clear understanding of the macro and micro-environments in which target customers operate to identify strategic advantages and tailored, value-oriented solutions
- Develop deep knowledge of the competitor landscape and how we can differentiate FTC’s products and services specific to each partner’s needs
- Act as the partner advocate internally to drive customer value propositions, identify supplemental product support (i.e. software solutions), and ensure customer satisfaction
- Participate in key performance improvement initiatives that drive customer satisfaction such as on-time delivery and quality performance
- Act as a primary point of contact for all strategic engagement with the partner to ensure a seamless interface between the client and FTC, ensuring the right governance and resources are in place to enable responsive, clear, and informative communications
- Maintain current and accurate customer information and records of communication in CRM (Salesforce) to alignment and visibility across the FTC organization
- Structure and negotiate long-term framework agreements and technology supply deals with partner accounts to achieve FTC strategic objectives
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in a sales organization and/or managing customer accounts and contracts
- Broad understanding of the utility-scale solar & renewables industry, with experience selling into or working with developers, asset owners, and utilities
- Direct experience in structuring and negotiating commercial deals of > USD 10MM
- Strong financial and business acumen, analytical skills, and project management experience
- Ability to collect, analyze and condense complex data or situation trends, issues, and opportunities into actions, responses, and reporting to the executive leadership team
- Experience in navigating complex corporate hierarchies within large energy companies
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM
- Proactive and passionate – independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations
- Strong writing, organizational, and communication skills
- Must be able to live FTC’s core values of integrity, accountability, innovation, and excellence
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
FTC Solar offers competitive wages, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- 401(k) with a company match and much more
*Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet 100% of the listed requirements. At FTC Solar, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.