Location: Chennai, India
Reports to: Director, Global Sourcing
About FTC Solar Inc
FTC Solar is a fast-growing, global provider of solar tracker systems, technology, software, and engineering services. We are as passionate about renewable energy as we are about our culture and values. We want to attract like-minded individuals who live and breathe Integrity, Accountability, Innovation, and Excellence. We’re humble enough to know that we don’t know everything, so we love bold ideas that disrupt the status quo. Basically, we don’t want you to just fall in line!
FTC Solar is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and diversity. For us, this is not just a set of words or metrics. It drives our culture, creativity, and future success. We support our employees and foster an environment where new ideas and perspectives are celebrated and encouraged. When our employees thrive, FTC Solar thrives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
FTC Solar is looking for an individual who will be responsible in overseeing activities related to the procurement of indirect materials, parts, components, services and equipment.
In this position as an Indirect Purchasing Manager, you will have an exciting opportunity with a broad responsibility and the according mandate in the Global Indirect material, Capex spend, its stakeholders, a versatile cross-country team, and accordance to the purchasing processes.
- Leading major Indirect sourcing activities and managing strategic suppliers’ contracts across all indirect services
- responsible for overseeing activities related to the procurement of indirect materials, parts, components, Services, and equipment
- Arrange and lead sourcing negotiations, and participate in major global supplier discussions
- Support the global capital equipment category and aggressively seek opportunities for cost containment, standardization, and improvement
- Effectively manage the regional and Global Indirect materials
- Lead Global tendering, contracting and supplier activities for Indirect materials
- Lead or support efforts in Indirect supplier introduction and qualification
- Ensure procurement compliance and correct purchasing process are defined, communicated, and followed by FTC’s organization
- Manage interfaces with internal customers and implement required outsourcing partners
- Manage interfaces to global functions in operations, logistics, Technology, Finance, HR, IT and any other relevant function, and take responsibility for the indirect materials & Capex material and service costs, and its stakeholder and demand management.
- Drive transformation and improvement activities across all areas of responsibility, such as process improvements, capacity build up, strategic approach to stakeholders, spend & suppliers.
- Ensure that category strategies are aligned with business strategy – close dialogue with relevant stakeholders
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in any function
- 10+ years of work experience in Indirect sourcing, supply chain, planning or operations
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management and relevant software
- Understanding of Solar market dynamics and sound business judgement
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships
- Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing and interpreting data
- Solid judgement with ability to make good decisions
- Ability to work in fast pace start-up environment
- Familiar with ISO 9001 and 14001 standards and QMS and EMS process, such as SWOT analysis
Ability to travel on need basis.
FTC Solar offers competitive wages, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Private medical insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
*Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet 100% of the listed requirements. At FTC Solar, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.