Location: Chennai, India
Reports to: Senior Director, Product Manager
About FTC Solar Inc
FTC Solar is a fast-growing, global provider of solar tracker systems, technology, software, and engineering services. We are as passionate about renewable energy as we are about our culture and values. We want to attract like-minded individuals who live and breathe Integrity, Accountability, Innovation, and Excellence. We’re humble enough to know that we don’t know everything, so we love bold ideas that disrupt the status quo. Basically, we don’t want you to just fall in line!
FTC Solar is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and diversity. For us, this is not just a set of words or metrics. It drives our culture, creativity, and future success. We support our employees and foster an environment where new ideas and perspectives are celebrated and encouraged. When our employees thrive, FTC Solar thrives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
FTC Solar has embarked on a path to build a leading company in the solar industry and, within that, a world-class Product Management organization. As a Product Configuration Manager, you will help us ensure that the documented information for our products is consistent from New Product Introduction through to production, and End of Life. You will be managing the engineering, procurement, and operational information throughout each product’s lifecycle. You will also help support documented information during Operations & Maintenance lifecycle.
To be successful in this role, you will bring value as a well-respected leader with strong analytical ability, business acumen, and effective organizational and people management skills, and be ready to work in a fast-growth environment. You meet deadlines and deliverables while being a self-starter who is engaged and actively participating in all facets of the business. Success in this role will require strong analytical skills and heavy collaboration with organizations including sales, operations, and engineering.
- Plan and execute configuration management for Industrial products throughout the project lifecycle, including development, revisions / changes, implementation in operations, and throughout O&M
- Oversee the daily management of configuration items in Product Management, Sales Engineering, Field Operations and Procurement.
- Review, maintain and update configuration management processes within the FTCI IMS
- Participate in the New Product Introduction and Change Control Board process to enact changes as directed
- Mentor the organization on Product Configuration Management concepts, policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical field of study
- Min. 5+ years of experience with product and/or configuration management tools for reconciling engineering documents through change control and implementation
- Analytical thinking and working effectively with team members, employees and customers
- Experience with project management and a sound knowledge of creating and managing complex databases
- Experience in Advanced Excel programming, Data Analytics tools
- Expertise in full product life cycle management including launch and End-of-Life
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leading teams across matrixed organizations
- A flexible and open mindset with evidence of strategic thinking, creativity and vision in driving growth.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and possessing a strong sense of urgency
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, presentation, time management and organization skills.
- Highly customer-focused and able to manage conflicting priorities, working
FTC Solar offers competitive wages, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Private medical insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
*Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet 100% of the listed requirements. At FTC Solar, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.