Location: Chennai, India
Reports to: Director, Supply Chain
About FTC Solar Inc
FTC Solar is a fast-growing, global provider of solar tracker systems, technology, software, and engineering services. We are as passionate about renewable energy as we are about our culture and values. We want to attract like-minded individuals who live and breathe Integrity, Accountability, Innovation, and Excellence. We’re humble enough to know that we don’t know everything, so we love bold ideas that disrupt the status quo. Basically, we don’t want you to just fall in line!
FTC Solar is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and diversity. For us, this is not just a set of words or metrics. It drives our culture, creativity, and future success. We support our employees and foster an environment where new ideas and perspectives are celebrated and encouraged. When our employees thrive, FTC Solar thrives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Responsible for project-specific buying, planning, and material delivery. The Project Planner ensures cost, quality, and delivery requirements are met throughout the project lifecycle – from engineering design through material delivery to the customer’s site. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to collaborate cross-functionally, have strong project management skills, and have a deep understanding of procurement processes.
- Lead internal project material and logistic cost review and approval
- Work with procurement team to ensure timely release of Purchase Orders to maintain project schedules
- Track open purchase orders for assigned projects, identifying schedule risks, and implementing mitigations with Category Leadership as required
- Ensures material and logistics spend versus budget and invoice compliance for approved project costs
- Lead collection of percentage of completion data from supply base and reconcile monthly
- Work with logistics (3PL) to direct material delivery to warehouses, project sites, or other locations
- Monitor supplier ship dates & each stage of the shipment cycle to ensure on time delivery of material to project site
- Manage change revisions of the project BOM and evaluate/roll-out impact to materials order
- Manage suppliers proactively on top categories to ensure delivery schedules will be met
- Support closure of exceptions between suppliers, FTC internally, & customers
- Develop and maintain reporting for supply chain planning to drive overall efficiency and responsiveness
- Apply lean principles to eliminate waste, add value and help with flow of product, information, and cash flows within supply chain network
- BS degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Administration
- 10+ years of work experience in sourcing, supply chain, planning or operations
- Solar, Semiconductor or Steel industry experience preferred.
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management and relevant software
- Understanding of Solar market dynamics and sound business judgement
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships
- Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing and interpreting data
- Solid judgement with ability to make good decisions
- Ability to work in fast pace start-up environment
- Familiar with ISO 9001 and 14001 standards and QMS and EMS process, such as SWOT analysis
Ability to travel.
FTC Solar offers competitive wages, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Private medical insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
*Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet 100% of the listed requirements. At FTC Solar, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.