Location: Shanghai, China
Reports to: Director, Control Systems
About FTC Solar Inc
FTC Solar is a fast growing, global provider of solar tracker systems, technology, software, and engineering services. We are as passionate about renewable energy as we are about our culture and values. We want to attract likeminded individuals who live and breathe Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Excellence. We’re humble enough to know that we don’t know everything, so we love bold ideas that disrupt the status quo. Basically, we don’t want you to just fall in line!
FTC Solar is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and diversity. For us, this is not just a set of words or metrics. It drives our culture, creativity, and future success. We support our employees and foster an environment where new ideas and perspectives are celebrated and encouraged. When our employees thrive, FTC Solar thrives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
FTC Solar is expanding its engineering strength to cater to the ever-growing market interests in FTC’s tracker products. As our market expands and our customer base increases, we strive to achieve customer expectations by engineering state-of-the-art Solar Tracker products. FTC needs enthusiastic Structural Engineers to work with Structural Engineering Team on Solar Tracker Products in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Structural Assessment for Solar Tracker Structures
- Resolving a wide range of issues in creative ways
- Works on problems of diverse scope
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise
- Assessment of actions
- Structural design
- Adherence to global standards and specification
- 3D modeling for structural analysis and design
- Design documentation
- Serviceability and stability checks
- Analysis of tracker structures for dynamic loads
- Connection design and calculation reports
- Proof checking design calculations and drawings
- Technical assistance for manufacturing
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil and/or Structural Engineering; or the equivalent knowledge and experience
- 6+ years of experience in Structural Design Engineering of Solar Tracker Systems or Industrial structures
- Experience in working with multidisciplinary engineering setup
FTC Solar offers competitive wages, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- 401(k) with a company match and much more
*Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet 100% of the listed requirements. At FTC Solar, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.