Location: Austin, TX
Reports to: VP, Supply Chain
About FTC Solar Inc
FTC Solar is a fast growing, global provider of solar tracker systems, technology, software, and engineering services. We are as passionate about renewable energy as we are about our culture and values. We want to attract likeminded individuals who live and breathe Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Excellence. We’re humble enough to know that we don’t know everything, so we love bold ideas that disrupt the status quo. Basically, we don’t want you to just fall in line!
FTC Solar is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and diversity. For us, this is not just a set of words or metrics. It drives our culture, creativity, and future success. We support our employees and foster an environment where new ideas and perspectives are celebrated and encouraged. When our employees thrive, FTC Solar thrives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
As the Sourcing Director, you will be responsible for the development of a Best-in-Class Global Supply network that supports FTC Solar’s business strategies and provides a competitive advantage in the marketplace. Working cross-functionally, the Sourcing Director owns the development and execution of sourcing strategies that produce tangible value through the implementation of processes and projects that yield a reduced total cost of material acquisition, revenue and gross margin improvement, supply base alignment, enhanced product quality, lead time improvements and overall reduction of risk.
- Evaluate current and new suppliers to improve service levels and develop or establish supply sources.
- Lead Supplier Selection Process including process implementation and documented competitive assessments.
- Champion supplier measurement, development, and quarterly business reviews process.
- Develop transparent communication of organizational performance through reviews, dashboards, and metrics.
- Negotiate Contracts and Agreements with suppliers to obtain annual value creation and maximize the value for each dollar of expenditure.
- Achieve annual organizational objectives through cost reduction, cost avoidance, revenue and margin improvement, and risk mitigation.
- BS in Economics, Supply Chain, Procurement, or other Business degree
- Minimum of 10 years of combined experience in the supply chain, procurement, operations, finance, or engineering
- Strong negotiation skills
- Understanding of Procurement Processes and Category Management
- Consistent record of working with cross functional groups within a multinational environment
- Excellent communications skills and ability to connect with senior executives
- Good knowledge of FTC Solar product portfolio and R&D activities
FTC Solar offers competitive wages, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- 401(k) with a company match and much more
*Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet 100% of the listed requirements. At FTC Solar, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.