Location: Austin, TX
Reports to: VP, Supply Chain
About FTC Solar Inc
FTC Solar is a fast growing, global provider of solar tracker systems, technology, software, and engineering services. We are as passionate about renewable energy as we are about our culture and values. We want to attract likeminded individuals who live and breathe Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Excellence. We’re humble enough to know that we don’t know everything, so we love bold ideas that disrupt the status quo. Basically, we don’t want you to just fall in line!
FTC Solar is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and diversity. For us, this is not just a set of words or metrics. It drives our culture, creativity, and future success. We support our employees and foster an environment where new ideas and perspectives are celebrated and encouraged. When our employees thrive, FTC Solar thrives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Support the Supplier Quality team through supplier quality control & assurance. The Supplier Quality Manager is responsible for ensuring the products manufactured meet the quality standards, thereby reducing the number of defects and costs of poor quality. Assist the product development and new product introduction from the initial stage of first articles up to mass production. As well as support the root causes analysis and ensure a feedback loop to prevent the stoppage of solar plant construction and operation.
- Drive Supplier Qualification through FTC Solar Supplier Quality Program (Supplier Audit, PPAP etc.)
- Responsible for Quality at Source and Drive “Zero Defect” mentality within the Supply Base.
- Support suppliers & ensure adherence to FTC Solar’s PPAP Requirement (PFC, FMEA, QCP, FAI etc.)
- Ensure control of the process and product parameters at the supplier to meet End Product Requirements.
- Conduct inspection & ensuring product quality during all stages of Supplier Qualification & Mass Production.
- Support new Product Launches & ensure compliance to required Standards & Product Requirement.
- Facilitate RCA & Corrective Actions of SQ issues. On-site Supplier visits for RCA & Verification of CAPA.
- Work with the supplier directly, create corrective action plans to address Customer Complaints.
- Visit project sites to assist and clarify customer queries and complaints.
- Review supplier processes & work on process improvement (Kaizen, Poke-Yoke, Lean, Six Sigma etc.).
- Evaluate supplier performance data, identify & work on improvement opportunities within Supply Base.
- Support SQ Manager & relevant Team members to monitor, report supplier quality & performance.
- BE / B. Tech (Mechanical) or Engineering Equivalent
- 8+ Year Experience in Supplier Quality Function
- Understanding of Quality Management System (ISO 9001)
- Experience with Supplier Qualification, Supplier Audit, Supplier Development, and Part Development
- Familiarity with PPAP and its related activities PFC, FMEA, QCP, FAI, MSA, PSW, etc.
- Proven understanding of Control Plan and method to ensure Adherence at the Supplier End
- Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis & Corrective Action of Supplier Quality Issues (8D etc)
- Knowledge of Measurement Techniques, Inspection Methods & Equipment
- Experience in reading and interpreting Engineering Drawings
- Experience with Surface Coating – HDG, Pre Galv, Zn Flake, Geomet, Plating, Powder Coating, Painting, etc.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Processes (Sheet Metal Fab, Tube Rolling, Welding, Casting, Assy, etc.)
- Knowledge of Products like Motors, Dampers / Shock Absorbers
- Planning and prioritizing activities, Good communication, and interpersonal skills
- Self-driven, and decision-making qualities. Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
Travel: 50% and on need basis
FTC Solar offers competitive wages, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- 401(k) with a company match and much more
*Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet 100% of the listed requirements. At FTC Solar, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.