Location: North America, Remote
Reports to: Regional Manager
About FTC Solar Inc
FTC Solar is a fast growing, global provider of solar tracker systems, technology, software, and engineering services. We are as passionate about renewable energy as we are about our culture and values. We want to attract likeminded individuals who live and breathe Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Excellence. We’re humble enough to know that we don’t know everything, so we love bold ideas that disrupt the status quo. Basically, we don’t want you to just fall in line!
FTC Solar is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and diversity. For us, this is not just a set of words or metrics. It drives our culture, creativity, and future success. We support our employees and foster an environment where new ideas and perspectives are celebrated and encouraged. When our employees thrive, FTC Solar thrives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Technical Product Support Engineers work closely with the FTC Regional Managers and OPMs to ensure that the customer’s needs are satisfied in an appropriate and timely manner. The successful candidate will be willing to travel up to 75%, have a mechanical and electrical aptitude, experience working in an outdoor construction environment and demonstrate the ability to work independently or in a team environment to aid in training, commissioning, warranty support, and retrofits as needed.
- Learn to perform basic construction and commissioning related tasks on FTC systems.
- Learn to provide FTC system installation training and inspection for customers during various phases of installation
- Perform pre-commissioning and commissioning for FTC installations
- Utilize Continuous Improvement Principles to improve FTC installations, commissioning, and reliability
- Identify and report issues (FTC FF/RFI process)
- Travel for key customer visits and construction site visits
- Potentially act as a Safety Lead, and or Quality Lead, as needed
- Travel to site to train customers/O&M technicians
- Review and redline as needed project documents required for site support (Golden Row, Commissioning)
- Help develop customer service standards, policies, and procedures as needed
- Analyzing customer needs and recommending appropriate solutions to the Regional Mangers and Operations Management (OPMs)
- Ensuring hand tools and equipment are operating properly
- Working in all environments and weather conditions
- Other related special projects and duties as assigned
- 1+ year(s) working experience using tools and equipment required to maintain and repair company products
- 1+ year(s) working knowledge and application of arithmetic, geometry, electric circuits and electronics
- 1+ year(s) working experience with mechanical systems
- 1+ year(s) working experience with electrical systems
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness for extensive, frequent travel – up to 70%
- Manufacturing and field tech experience
- Background in solar industry
- Computer programming skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Dexterity required to perform manual labor in extreme temperatures
FTC Solar offers competitive wages, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- 401(k) with a company match and much more
*Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet 100% of the listed requirements. At FTC Solar, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.