Job Title: Project Manager – Operations
Location: Austin, TX
Reports to: Director, Project Management
At FTC Solar, we are looking for talented self-starters with imagination, creativity and passion for solar energy projects. FTC has been around for just over 3 years and we are growing rapidly! The Global Field Operations department seeks candidates who believe in our mission of driving energy independence through innovation, customer engagement, leadership and operational excellence. The department is responsible for responding to the rapid growth the company is experiencing in tracker installations, with Q3 2020 being the highest point in the company’s history, supporting the construction operations team for any field related/customer issues, and finally improving our customer facing coordination and “one stop shop” for project execution related questions or concerns.
This position will be reporting to the Director of Project Management and will work with the Solar Project EPCs, Developers and internal FTC teams to coordinate with customer project manager, continue support during the post sales process and be the primary point of contact during the duration of the project installing and commissioning the Voyager single axis tracker product.
The following skills are essential to this position:
- Timeliness, accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility and resourcefulness
- Skills as a project manager with the customer service mindset of a business development manager is required. This role will require direct support with customers as well as support to the internal FTC departments.
- Experience with coordinating and driving cross functional initiatives and continuing to improve our business processes and systems as well as raising the organizational dynamics.
Position Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Prepares customer project document share drive. Includes project bill of materials for inventory confirmations on site, installation manuals, site layout plans and other associated documents that are useful to customer project manager
- Review the project design documents from Sales Engineering and Product team with the customer and provide feedback
- Continues support of project during post-sales timeline. If any project changes are required, change orders are created once engineering/bill of materials documents are updated
- Coordinate weekly calls with customers and FTC Engineering, Supply Chain & Construction teams
- Provide details of Voyager Single Axis Tracker training including EPC certification at FTC test facility and Golden Row training at project site
- Maintain and update internal tasks and priorities related to project execution
- Provide timely feedback on questions related to project or product design and quality issues through the RFI, Finder Fixer process
- Coordinate the completion of the pre-requisite checklist for commissioning services and receipt of as-built docs and creation of commissioning package for Field support team
- Provide input about product feature enhancements and process improvements from customer to the internal FTC teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering: Mechanical, Civil, Aeronautical, Electrical or equivalent.
- Must be familiar with utility scale PV power plant design/ construction.
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in a project manager or a customer-facing role, plus 2 years of engineering experience
- Proficiency with Excel required, preferred proficiency with Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
This position requires cross functional work with various departments, strong organizational skills, and the ability to handle multiple open projects at one time. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to operate autonomously and as a key contributing member of a team effort. Developing and maintaining relationships with the customer’s project manager, engineers, procurement personnel and construction team is required. Some travel to project sites and customer meetings will be required.
The position location is in Austin, TX. Candidate must be willing to relocate.
This position is full-time and exempt.