Job Title: Strategic Sourcing Manager – Americas
Location: Austin, Texas
Reports to: Director, Supply Chain
About FTC Solar Inc:
We are a growing team of dedicated renewable energy professionals focused on delivering cost reductions to our clients worldwide across the solar project development and construction cycle. With over 1GW of US and 4GW of worldwide project installation experience, our differentiated offerings, led by our single axis tracker called Voyager, drive value for utility-scale solar EPCs, developers, and long-term asset owners.
Products and Services:
· Single axis tracker (1.8 GW of installations worldwide)
· Development Engineering Services
· Pay for Performance Engineering Consulting
· Pay for Performance Lean Construction Implementation
· Design Automation Software
· Portfolio Management Software
Position Overview: We are looking for a dynamic sourcing professional to develop and expand our strategic supply network in Americas. The individual will drive quick supplier and product qualifications to meet cost and technology roadmap. This will be very high-visibility role working closely with senior management to enable capacity enhancements at cost leadership and help meet delivery targets. The successful candidate will bring in blend of strategic leadership and tactical expertise to help build world-class demand-driven supply chain. While the primary expectations for this individual would be to open new doors for the organization and develop existing major accounts into strong collaborative partners, there is significant opportunity available for those with diverse knowledge and capabilities to add value in many areas of our growing team.
Additionally, we are looking for someone who has deep understanding of the dynamics of complex projects, who understands the solar universe well, and who can strategize effectively to stay several steps ahead of likely problems. You will be part of a fast-paced, collaborative team bringing essential solar technology to projects both in the US and around the world. You lead by example and demonstrate professionalism and integrity in the work that you do. You know the right questions to ask, get clarity, prioritize, and then execute.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager – Americas will perform wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
1. Identify potential new suppliers and perform initial supplier assessment for commercial viability.
2. Lead RFQ process and facilitate mutual data-exchanges to build and benchmark accurate quotes.
3. Negotiate pricing and payment terms to minimize Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
4. Represent partners at internal bid evaluation and selection process, own follow-up communication.
5. Lead master supply agreement (MSA) negotiation process with legal partners and suppliers.
6. Monitor supplier shipments and track operational deliverables through weekly status update calls.
7. Collaborate with internal supply chain planning team to identify and resolve supply constraints.
8. Develop supplier metrics and compile scorecards to evaluate during quarterly business review.
9. Support sourcing strategies by nurturing strong supplier relationships and facilitate long-term capacity enhancements.
10. Manage end-to-end Sourcing projects (including planning, execution, measurement, and optimization).
11. Assist with miscellaneous duties as determined by business priorities and needs.
· Bachelor’s in industrial engineering, supply chain, or business administration, Master’s preferred.
· 7+ years of work experience in sourcing, supply chain, manufacturing, or operations.
· Solar, Semiconductor or Steel manufacturing industry experience preferred.
· Knowledge of legal, financial and technology components of Strategic Sourcing.
· Experience in planning, sourcing, negotiating, contracting and supplier management.
· Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting large dataset.
· Experience with program management, vendor accountability and optimizing performance.
· Solid judgement with ability to make good business decisions at minimal direction.
· Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships.
· Ability to work in fast pace and global start-up environment.
FTC Solar offers competitive wages, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Medical and Life Insurance
· Short-term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
· Other various voluntary insurance coverage options
· 401(k) with a company match and much more